TikTok is a social media platform for mobile devices, popular with teens and young adults. As the app evolves its features will become more sophisticated as it strives to produce quality content for users. If you are considering using TikTok in your marketing efforts, these six tips on how to plan out a strategy can help solidify success
The “tiktok marketing strategy template” is a guide that includes six tips for creating a successful TikTok marketing campaign. The guide also includes the “Must Have” text.
Prior to 2020, most influencers and corporations in the United States paid little attention to TikTok. While the app has surpassed 1 billion downloads by February 2019, majority of these users were located outside of the United States.
However, as the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020 approached, an increasing number of people in the United States started signing up for TikTok accounts to pass the time. TikTok announced the creator fund in July 2020, allowing influencers and businesses to negotiate partnerships and earn money from their video. 1
Fast forward to today, and TikTok has surpassed Instagram as the most popular social networking site on the app store.
With such a rapid development, companies would be missing out if they did not include TikTok in their marketing plan. For newcomers, though, getting the hang of this unique software isn’t always straightforward. Add in the reality that becoming viral on TikTok might look entirely random, and your marketing team is left with a lot of questions.
If you’re seeking for solutions, you’ve fortunately come to the correct spot. Continue reading for a quick primer on how to create a TikTok marketing plan.
#1 Make Use Of Hashtags
Hashtags play a significant role in the material that appears on the TikTok for you page (FYP). When utilizing TikTok for a marketing campaign, trending hashtags will be grouped together and presented on the discover page, therefore it’s critical to pay attention to these terms.
While many users will incorporate any trendy hashtag in the title of their TikTok video, this isn’t always the ideal strategy for increasing views or brand awareness—especially for marketing reasons. Instead, you should be judicious about the hashtags you use. The easiest approach to accomplish this is to look at other videos with the same hashtag, identify trends, and attempt to duplicate them in a manner that reflects your own brand.
#2 Recognize Your Target Market
Many other social media networks have a considerably older readership than TikTok. With 60% of consumers aged 16 to 24, it’s critical to comprehend the specific obstacles of marketing to Generation Z. 2
It’s also worth noting that by 2022, gen Z will account for 74 million individuals in the United States, making it the biggest generation in history. So, how should we target our digital marketing efforts towards this demographic?
While many people mistakenly believe that generation Z consists only of children, this is not the case. People born between 1997 and 2012 are known as Gen Z. This implies that the oldest members of Generation Z are in their early twenties, which is an attractive demographic for a variety of businesses.
Gen Zers are said to be trend-setters. They know more about the internet than anybody since they grew up with it. If you wish to sell to this demographic, keep the following points in mind: 3
- Maintain a relaxed attitude – Generation Z has grown up in a world where everything is at their fingertips. This makes it difficult to persuade younger people to care about particular issues, especially when they are capable of doing their own investigation. You’ll want to keep things informal to appeal to this age range. Don’t make an effort to market your company too aggressively. Instead, make it seem as though your company is already popular. Maintain an air of effortlessness, coolness, and authenticity in your marketing methods. This will assist you in developing an attitude that appeals to the younger generation.
- Keep it short — TikTok’s main purpose is that it’s snappy and to-the-point. Don’t attempt to make a long, in-depth advertising using the TikTok app. Keep it basic, keep it brief, and don’t let your audience skip to the next video.
- Keep it current — If your marketing campaign uses old trends, memes, or pop culture allusions, gen Z viewers will dismiss you as out-of-touch. It’s critical to have someone on your team who can devote time to keeping up with the latest trends.
- Keep it sustainable – Many members of Generation Z are more environmentally sensitive than their elders. It never hurts to concentrate on sustainability and items with a lower carbon impact if you’re trying to engage a younger audience.
#3 Make Contact with Influencers
When it comes to social media, particularly TikTok, it’s no surprise that influencers are everything. Popular creators such as Charli D’Amelio, Addison Rae, and Khabane Lame are just a few examples, and these influencers have followings in the millions. So, if you truly want to increase your exposure, go out to a content producer who already has a significant following.
Reaching out to TikTok’s younger audience may be difficult, particularly because many of these viewers are used to skimming through advertisements on a regular basis. Brands should build stronger connections with larger content providers rather than launching a marketing effort on their own. Sending out PR packages is one of the most effective methods to do this.
Influencers may easily sample new items and promote them to their audiences using PR packages. In order to acquire these deals, many content producers will bargain with sponsors. In exchange, makers will create advertisements and unboxing films to promote the items.
Select the Correct Influencer
It’s also critical that firms spend their time researching influencers before appointing a spokesperson. Make sure the audience you’re addressing through an influencer is the correct TikTok demographic for your company. Consider the following scenario: 4
- Beauty companies will often contact either professional makeup artists or young female influencers. Makeup, skincare items, or hair extensions may be included in PR packages that may be used in instructional videos.
- Meal kits – Meal kit companies, such as Freshly or Daily Harvest, often target millennial influencers and family networks in order to attract a little older audience of single people.
- Fitness companies – Fitness brands, such as Gymshark, often seek out to athletes to wear their gear in sponsored videos. Workout videos on TikTok’s fitness section are a great opportunity to show off these items (sometimes referred to as GymTok).
- Amazon.com – Amazon has partnered with members of David Dobrik’s vlog squad in order to reach a broader audience. Most notably, they have sponsored skits written by millennial and gen Z influencer Jason Nash, who has a gender-neutral following.
These are just a few instances of how influencer marketing may be utilized to reach a certain target demographic, and the possibilities are endless.
#4 Make Use Of Effects
TikTok’s collection of diverse visual effects is one of the most interesting parts of the app. While they may seem unrelated to marketing, they may be an effective technique for increasing views.
Here’s the deal: if you find a video with a cool effect, you can click on it to activate it. You’ll be transported to a new page with links to other videos that employ the same effect. Many people will be intrigued by the thumbnails and will click on additional movies in the collection out of sheer curiosity.
If a company can get its video on one of these discover pages, they may significantly enhance their views. Not to mention that some of these aesthetic effects are rather appealing—it never hurts to experiment!
#5 Make a joking reference
One of the most powerful methods you can use in your TikTok marketing campaign is humor. Even if a video is explicitly sponsored by a company, many viewers will stick around if the story is compelling—and particularly if it makes them laugh.
If brands use relatable, down-to-earth comedy in their marketing films, they may increase viewership. Make a short, well-crafted skit that may also be used as a commercial. This manner, you’ll be able to market your product while simultaneously giving the audience a good time.
#6 Participate in Conversations with Other Users
While it’s true that getting viral on TikTok might happen by chance, the social platform is no different from any other type of social media. You’ll have an easier time growing a large following if you make an attempt to engage with other people.
If you’re having trouble getting people to download your app, consider the following strategies:
- More users, particularly celebrities and content providers, should be followed.
- Make comments on other people’s videos that are unusual, fascinating, or humorous.
- Like the movies of other people
- Stitch other people’s videos or get your followers to stitch yours.
- Create a trend, or revive one that has already been initiated by other people.
- In videos and comments, other users may be tagged (when appropriate)
Power Digital can help you improve your TikTok marketing skills.
Creating a marketing campaign on your own for an app as ubiquitous and unexpected as TikTok isn’t always straightforward. But don’t worry—our digital marketing experts can help you figure out how to advertise on TikTok and build a TikTok presence.
Our digital marketing business has the knowledge, experience, and strategy to assist you in developing a distinctive and successful TikTok marketing campaign. We’re here to support you every step of the way, from our powerful Nova marketing platform to individual advice.
Make the most of your marketing efforts by expanding your TikTok audience now.
- Dexerto. TikTok’s Beginnings as a Musical. ly has risen to become the world’s most popular app. https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/the-history-of-tiktok-1569106/
- Wallaroo Media is a media company based in Australia. Statistics from TikTok. https://wallaroomedia.com/blog/social-media/tiktok-statistics/
- How to Market to Generation Z (MNI). https://www.mni.com/blog/research/marketing-to-generation-z-it-s-time-to-forget-about/article e1ec8b94-053f-11e9-9bbb-638dddb33ff3.html
- Bakers who like to socialize. The Most Powerful Brands TikTok. https://www.socialbakers.com/blog/brands-that-rule-tiktok
“The TikTok marketing strategy case study” is a blog post about six tips for your tiktok marketing strategy. Reference: tiktok marketing strategy case study.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the 6 marketing strategies?
A: The 6 marketing strategies are the following: word of mouth, reference groups, focus on benefits rather than features and solutions, product differentiation through package design/branding, advertisements with emotional appeal and inspiration from customer insights.
What marketing strategy does TikTok use?
A: TikTok uses a variety of different marketing strategies, but it has been focusing on influencer advertising. The company is making use of the power and reach that its huge number of users have to promote their products.
How do you do the TikTok strategy?
A: The TikTok strategy is one of the basic movement patterns used by players. It involves moving left and right in step with your head, while rotating your arms continuously to keep up a rhythm.
- tiktok marketing strategy 2020
- tiktok posting strategy
- tiktok marketing strategy pdf
- tiktok growth strategy 2021
- tiktok marketing campaign examples