With over 100 million users, TikTok is a platform that allows users to post short videos. This marketing case study discusses the ways in which brands can take advantage of the app’s clean interface and large user-base by creating engaging content for their audience without having to worry about production costs so much.
“how to advertise on tiktok 2021” is a question that has been asked many times. To advertise on TikTok, you will need to create a “TikTok account”. This account will allow you to upload videos and promote your content.
TikTok is more than simply a platform to get culinary tips and have dance-offs with your friends and family at home. It’s a popular platform that’s soon becoming excellent advertising real estate. It’s the ideal platform to have your brand’s message heard loud and clear, with over 837 million monthly active users. 1
It’s also simple to administer and customize, thanks to a user-friendly interface and a vast range of ad kinds. In this article, you’ll discover the ins and outs of TikTok advertising and how your company might profit from its unique features.
Tick tock… Now is the moment to realize your full potential.
A Quick Look at TikTok
So, you already know how big of a following TikTok has amassed since its inception in 2016, but let’s go a little further into how people use the social media platform and what the future holds for it.
Take into account the following:
- TikTok claims a total of 2.6 billion cumulative downloads as of 2020.
- TikTok is expected to generate $1.9 billion in revenue by 2020.
- In 2021, 14% of marketers aim to boost their TikTok expenditure.
- TikTok has received a lot of favorable feedback from its users, with an 88 percent positive rating. 1
These figures demonstrate not just TikTok’s enormous popularity among users, but also its ability to continue as an on-the-rise trend that shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
But, precisely, how does advertising work on this social media platform? Continue reading for all the details.
Who is eligible to advertise on TikTok?
TikTok touts itself as a particularly inclusive platform for companies of all shapes and sizes to advertise on. TikTok makes it simple for marketers of all sorts to tell their story, whether you’re a startup trying to get your clean beauty goods in front of a broader audience or a well-established brand looking to engage with their audience in a new manner.
Here are a few examples of businesses that have successfully adapted their marketing strategy to the TikTok platform:
- Thanks to TikTok’s branded hashtag challenge, Universal Pictures was able to get 11k new followers and stimulate 19k user-generated videos with only one advertising campaign. 2> a-level=”1″> Clean & Clear also used the branded hashtag format to get 1.9 billion TikTok video views and 2.6 million user-generated videos using the branded hashtag format. 3
Do you want to be inspired? Now is the time to think about how you can implement your own TikTok marketing plan on this one-of-a-kind platform. For TikTok advertising success, follow this step-by-step strategy. (Believe us when we say it’s a lot simpler than those planned dancing routines you’ve been attempting to master for months.)
- First and foremost: If you haven’t already, sign up for TikTok. You’ll start by providing some basic information about your company and its goals, which will be assessed by the TikTok team to ensure that your firm qualifies for an advertising account.
- The next step is to choose the sort of advertising format you want to utilize to show your chosen content. There are a variety of choices for showcasing your brand’s message in a distinctive manner, ranging from in-feed advertisements to customized effects. (See below for further information on those alternatives.)
- You’ll then be on your way to creating your first campaign. Here you’ll set your campaign goals, choose your target demographic, manage your ad budget, and design your ad kind.
- Within each campaign, you may create various ad groups to target a larger TikTok audience based on geography, demographics, and a variety of schedules and devices.
- To showcase the aesthetic of your campaign’s vision, upload a picture or video. Don’t worry—you’ll be able to get a preview of your ad before it goes live to make sure it matches the design guidelines.
- TikTok will need to examine your final ad idea, and if accepted, you’ll be ready to go live! Review the statistics in TikTok AdsManager to keep track of your ad’s performance. The dashboard will provide you with information on expenditure, impressions, conversions, and clicks, among other things.
Let’s take a closer look at what those commercials will look like now that you’re acquainted with the overall procedure of creating a TikTok advertising campaign.
TikTok Ads Come in a Variety of Shapes and Sizes
The variety of advertising possibilities accessible on TikTok is perhaps one of its most compelling characteristics for firms interested in marketing on the site. TikTok provides a variety of ways to convey your brand’s creativity and build true company-consumer connections, whether you’re concentrating on brief, snappy messages or engagement-oriented movies.
Take a closer look at this colorful mix of TikTok ad types if diversity is the spice that lends life to your advertising campaigns:
- In-feed advertisements — As TikTok users browse the curated content on the For You tab, they’ll see suggested videos that the TikTok algorithm has selected for them based on their platform surfing habits and ostensible interests. In-feed advertisements will also be included in videos averaging 15 seconds in duration. In addition to the video, a clear call-to-action button will be prominently displayed for those who are interested in learning more about the campaign.
- Top view advertisements – Using TikTok to launch a top view ad is akin to grabbing the top place in Google search results. As you would expect, these adverts capture consumers’ attention by appearing at the very top of the ‘For You’ page’s content. It will be difficult for TikTokers to ignore whatever message your company is attempting to convey with an appealing 60-second video.
- Branded hashtags – If your advertising campaign is centered on involvement, you may want to explore using your brand’s creative side by participating in a branded hashtag competition. This is TikTok’s most popular format since it enables viewers to participate in your TikTok ad campaign by creating their own films and sharing your brand’s story alongside you. 4
- Branded effects – Branded effects follow the same pattern as branded hashtags and are another technique to increase audience interaction with your brand. Whether you employ a green screen or an interactive effect, one thing is certain: it’s a strong approach to get platform users actively engaged in spreading brand awareness. Mucinex’s branded impact campaign, which led in a 42.7 percent increase in buy intent, is an example of how community participation may help guide the sales funnel’s flow. 5
- Takeovers — This sponsored ad style enables businesses to build full-screen advertising using both still pictures and dynamic videos. Even while people can’t engage with these advertisements via likes and comments, marketers may still utilize this precious advertising space to make brief, impactful messages.
Advertising on TikTok Has Its Advantages
Come to TikTok for a diverse choice of innovative advertising styles, but stay for the layers of advantages that are hard to find elsewhere.
What are the benefits of using TikTok into digital marketing for marketers? Continue reading to learn how this platform is creating an almost unstoppable impact.
- Increased brand awareness – We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again: TikTok has a huge following—and it’s not just in North America. Brands looking to get their TikTok content in front of millions of people across the world will have plenty of reasons to use this platform for their awareness efforts.
- Highly engaged audience — The number of engaged users is maybe more essential than the overall number of users. It’s great to have your ad campaign viewed by millions of people, but what if it doesn’t get much attention? Advertisers on TikTok may relax knowing that their target demographic is unlikely to ignore their TikTok content without engaging with it. Consider the following: “Mega influencers had an average interaction rate of 11.83 percent — versus. 0.35 percent on Instagram,” according to Ad Age. 6 This is a solid indication that conversion-driven marketing will enjoy a high return on investment if they focus their efforts on TikTok.
- Precise location targeting – Another strategy to make sure your marketing funds are well spent is to tailor your campaign goal to your target audience’s age, interests, and location. When you have complete control over the TikTok demographics to which your campaign is targeted, it’s more likely that it will be seen by someone who is already interested in supporting a brand like yours—rather than pouring money into an audience that may not be interested in the goods or services you offer in the first place.
It’s time to unleash your full potential with effective digital marketing.
Whether you’ve chosen to join TikTok’s burgeoning advertising industry or are trying to improve your marketing efforts in other ways, Power Digital Marketing will help you plan your strategy.
The key to a dynamic, integrated marketing strategy is only a click away, with specialists in social media, SEO, content marketing, and more. See for yourself why companies are turning to us to help them grow their businesses. With our digital marketing services, you may have a huge influence and boundless possibilities.
- Apps are big business. Revenue and Usage Statistics for TikTok (2021). https://www.businessofapps.com/data/tik-tok-statistics/
- TikTok for Business is a business-oriented version of TikTok. Universal Pictures is a studio that produces films. https://www.tiktok.com/business/en-US/inspiration/universal-pictures-8
- TikTok for Business is a business-oriented version of TikTok. Clear and concise. https://www.tiktok.com/business/en-US/inspiration/clean-&-clear-1
- TikTok for Business is a business-oriented version of TikTok. 7 suggestions for a successful Branded Hashtag Challenge. https://www.tiktokforbusinesseurope.com/resources/7-tips-for-an-effective-branded-hashtag-challenge
- TikTok for Business is a business-oriented version of TikTok. Branded Effect: Make your brand the focus of attention. https://www.tiktok.com/business/en-US/blog/branded-effect-place-your-brand-center-stage
- Advertisement Age is a publication dedicated to advertising. DATACENTER WEEKLY REVEALS TIKTOK’S ‘ASTRONOMICALLY HIGH’ ENGAGEMENT. https://adage.com/article/datacenter/tiktoks-astronomically-high-engagement-revealed/2361161
- Hootsuite. Marketers’ Complete Guide to TikTok Advertising https://blog.hootsuite.com/tiktok-advertising/
TikTok is a social media platform that allows users to create short videos. You can use the platform to advertise your business, brand or product by creating in-feed ads on TikTok. The “tiktok in-feed ads” will help you get the most out of the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to advertise on TikTok?
A: It is a free social media platform.
Can you advertise on TikTok for free?
A: We would like to advertise on TikTok for free, but unfortunately this is not possible due to the advertising guidelines set in place by Youtube.
Are TikTok ads worth it?
A: The ads on TikTok are worth it because they will help you make money in your spare time.
- how to advertise on tiktok for free
- tiktok advertising cost uk
- spark ads tiktok
- tiktok ads examples
- tiktok ads account