If you are a California resident, the CCPA provides you with the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. The CCPA defines the “sale” of personal information as:
“Selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.”
Consumer rights under the CCPA
The CCPA empowers residents of California with the following rights:
- The right to be informed of personal information collection and CCPA rights
- The right to access personal information that has been collected
- The right to have collected information forgotten/deleted
- The right to non-discrimination when privacy rights are exercised
- The right to opt out of the sale of third-party information
Personal information does not include “publicly available” information. Publicly available information is not covered by the CCPA.
What information we collect
We may collect personal identification information from Users in the following categories: name, email address, mailing address, IP address, telephone number, signature, account name, social security number, driver’s license or other state identification number, passport number, and credit card information.
Additionally, we may collect non-personal information about Users’ internet activity, such as their browser name, computer model and technical specifications, operating system, internet service provider, browsing history, search history, and other information about their interaction with a website or application.
How we use your information
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use our Site services and resources.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide when placing an order only to provide service to that order.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: We may send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to inquiries and requests.
Our data-selling policy
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identifying information to third parties and have not done so in the last year. We may, however, share general aggregated demographic information about our visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertising.